Saturday, August 27, 2011

Rescue Me


 
I didn't get Gracie from a breeder....................exactly.



And I didn't get her from a Rescue, which according to popular opinion is the ONLY way to acquire a new dog these days.




I don't know what it is lately....but if I had a dollar for everytime I was asked if Gracie was a rescue dog, I could retire tomorrow.


I am a volunteer for Boxer Rescue and had all intentions of "rescuing" a boxer in need...or any dog in need for that matter.



But I was completely derailed by this face.



This sweet, little face.



So when did owning a Rescue Dog get to be so chic?


I do think it's fabulous that they are making T-shirts and bumper stickers now so people can tell the world about how they rescued a dog in need.



Indeed.



If only I hadn't seen those cute little hamster feet, or that cute little bum.



And the tail attached to it.



 No, I did not get Gracie from a Rescue.



but does it count that I think she rescued me? 



1 comment:

Lisa said...

So she stays? I'm so glad. :) This is just the sweetest, bestest post.

I didn't relieze you were back on the blog. ~ All the happenings around here had me distracted.
Sorry :(

You doing okay??? I haven't heard back from you. Did you get my message? Did you get my e-mail? Did you get my text? Did you drown in the Hurricane?

xoxo