Wednesday, August 26, 2009

OMG. I'm a Cupcake Contest Winner!


I have been selected as a winner in the Martha Stewart Cutest Cupcakes Contest for 2009!


The email is dated August 25, 2009 and states that I have been selected as one of the second place winners for the 2009 Martha Stewart Cutest Cupcake Contest. In June of this year, I uploaded three of my cupcake designs to the Martha Stewart website where apparently, one of the designs has won me a free copy of the latest book, Martha Stewart's Cupcakes.....I just don't know which of my cupcake designs won. Could it be the Cupcake Girls?? They would be so excited to win.


In the 2008 Cupcake Contest, there were 2002 entries and Martha announced the names of the ten (10) Grand Prize winners on her show. Of course, I have no chance of that because I am only a second place winner (among others), but I know that there were about 1400 entries for this year's contest.
I won't know anymore details until I complete the Prize Verification Form that was emailed to me and send it back to the folks at Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia.
Kind of exciting, isn't it?

Hmmm...I wonder what am I going to do with two copies of Martha Stewart's Cupcakes?

17 comments:

the Provident Woman said...

Those are great cupcakes. I wouldn't be surprised if they all tied.

Susan said...

Congratulations, Striker!
A well deserved win!

Joy Tilton said...

I'm not a bit surprised, except that it should be FIRST PLACE! Made your high top cupcakes while the grandsons were here and they raved about them! Thanks so much

Sunny said...

WOW!! those are some amazing cupcakes, i'm so impressed!! I am getting into cupcake baking, and you're such an inspiration. I'll definitely be visiting your blog in the future :D

www.sunnysideuprecipes.com

Alicia said...

Congratulations! You ARE an inspiration! :)

Lisa said...

Wow!!! However, I am not surprised!!! Martha knows talent when she is it.

Can't wait to tell my mom. She will be so proud of you!!! :-)

Liz Harrell said...

Oh my gosh! This is fabulous!

amandadawn said...

Congrats! That's awesome!

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo!! First Martha, Next Oprah!! Congrats! Marg.

Anne said...

Thanks everyone!

Nancy said...

Not sure anyone could choose between them since they are all wonderful but if pressed, I think it would be the girls ... no wait, the witch. I am using the wonderful measuring cups I won today while whipping up a weeks worth of recipes. Thanks so so much. I love them.

Anonymous said...

Not only is that exciting - your cupcakes look AMAZING! I wish I had the patience...I really do. My kids will have to deal with the slathered on frosting...half of it on the paper...I'm so uncoordinated in the kitchen.

The Amazing Trips said...

As great as it is that you won this contest - I'm on the phone with Margaret at the moment and she told me that you are there!

You are beyond awesome, Anne Marie. Thank you for bringing some much needed sunshine to SC. Certainly you are planning to make lots of chocolate. Right?? :)

Deborah @ Snackers Delight said...

I love it..my favorite movie!

Unknown said...

Wow, congrats on THAT! I was just looking for the deets on how to make the wizard of oz cupcakes... Couldn't find a search box on your blog!
Blessings <3

Robin said...

These are simply adorable. I never make cupcakes....I would love to try and make these.

Do you have a step by step posting?

MamaLou70 said...

I, too, would love to know how you made the Witch cupcakes. Are you sharing?